Brunswick Juventus Juniors’ highly popular Saturday morning introductory Skills program for 4 to 8 year olds is back again for 2020.
Saturday Morning Skillz is held on Saturday mornings at 10:30 am at Balfe Park (Sumner Park usually).
To register, please click here. Please note that due to high interest, numbers will be limited to those who have registered and paid first.
When registering your child(ren), PLEASE remember to register yourself first, then you can register each child. You will then need to choose “Social” and then “Social” again.
A fun but structured introduction to the game for young players, Saturday Morning Skillz includes football based activities, individual ball work and small-sided games at the end of each session.
We also have a group just for girls if your daughter would prefer that.
Brunswick Juventus Juniors offers this program on Saturday mornings during the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th school terms.
New players welcome. Tell your friends!
The program will be run over one 1 1/2-hour session from 10.30 am to 12.00 noon. Coaching resources will be allocated to indivdual groups during this time based on age/ability.
Our Team is led by Robbie Peters, a former professional player in England who is now a leading sports conditioning trainer and coach of young football players. Robbie has been associated with our club for many years and runs the Saturday Morning Skillz program with his fantastic mix of expertise and enthusiasm.
Where: Balfe Park, John St, Brunswick (hopefully moving back to Sumner Park in Term 2 if renovations are complete)
Your first term – $200
(please note that the calendar year runs from 1/1/21 to 31/12/21 – each new year is a “first term”)
Subsequent Terms – $130 per term
What your child gets:
- a weekly 1 1/2 hour program of child-centred activity where they learn football skills in a fun and supportive environment with lots of game play not just drills
- qualified coaches who plan fun learning sessions, know what to look for and encourage participation and improvement for the individual
- a cool outfit comprising shirt, shorts and socks.
- a pathway into a suitable and supportive club team when they are older and ready for competition
- a community club which is affiliated to Football Federation Victoria (FFV) and which meets the requirements for the Football Federation Australia (FFA) National Club Accreditation Scheme
- personal registration with FFV and FFA, including insurance
- access to Club Victory, an affiliation between Zebras and Melbourne Victory FC giving access to special MVFC events and player appearances
- a high quality medal to commemorate and celebrate their participation in the program
For 2021, we are using the same red tops as 2020. If you registered for 2020, and would like to use the same kit as last year, and not receive a new one, please let Robyn know and she will give you a $50 discount on your term 1 fees. Please pay directly to Robyn on Saturday morning, not via credit card on line.
Term 1 – 6 February 2021 to 27 March 2021
Term 2 – 24 April 2022 to 29 June 2021
Term 3 – 17 July 2021 to 18 September 2021
Term 4 – 2 October 2021 to 11 December 2021
Items for your child to wear/bring to the first session:
- runners or footy/soccer boots;
- a soccer shirt (any team!) or just a T-shirt is fine;
- a cap;
- a water bottle;
- a jacket if the weather is cold(ish)- who knows in Melbourne?
We will always let you know when we plan to cancel Saturday Skillz due to extreme weather, both on our “News” section of our website as well as on Facebook. And if time permits, via email.
To complete an Expression of Interest, please click here.
We look forward to having you and your child on board as another member of the Brunswick Zebras family.
PS : We look after the parents too! Our canteen is open on Saturday mornings and as a club with an Italian heritage we have great coffee made fresh! You can go down by the pitch fence to watch your child or sit under the sheltered veranda (when at Sumner) and watch from there. Or sip your coffee inside our clubrooms and read the Saturday paper.